LOCK HAVEN - Senior Circle, sponsored by Lock Haven Hospital, celebrates its ninth anniversary this month.
Activities include line dancing, bingo, Senior Circle Singers, Knotty Knitters, games of bridge and more.
Some of the special events this month are:
- Nov. 16 - Senior Circle Happenings Lunch, 1 p.m., Dutch Haven, featuring an update on trips and activities planned through December. Reservations are required by Wednesday and may be made by calling Senior Circle Director Nancie English at 893-5233.
- Nov. 20 - "Co-Ed Card Party" playing 500, Lock Haven Hospital's first-floor activity room, 1 p.m. Reservations are needed by Nov. 19.
- Nov. 26 - Craft day, 1 p.m., hospital activities room, making a seasonal Christmas card with Pat Mumma. Bring a glue gun if you have one and glue sticks. Everyone is welcome. Reservations are required by Nov. 19 and may be made by calling 893-5233 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nov. 27 - An afternoon of games, 1 p.m., hospital activities room. Games may include CAD, pinochle, Scrabble, dominos and 500. Bring a game you like to share. Those who would like to play a game requiring four people are asked to call 893-5233 by Nov. 21 so tables may be set up.
- Nov. 28 - A bus trip to Mohegan Sun Casino at Pocono Downs, leaving at 6:45 a.m. from Susquehanna Trailways at Avis and at 7:15 a.m. from St. Agnes parking lot, spending time at the casino from 9:30 to 4 p.m. and returning at 6:30 p.m. Members will receive a $25 slot coupon along with a $10 food coupon. Reservations are needed.
- Dec. 1 - A car-pool trip to Wellsboro's Dickens of a Christmas celebration, 8 a.m.-4 p.m., an event that requires significant walking outdoors. Reservations are required by Nov. 26.
- Dec. 14 - A car-pool trip to Christkindl Market at Mifflinburg, leaving at 8:30 a.m. from the hospital helipad lot, shopping from 10 a.m. to noon, and lunch at the Country Cupboard at 1 p.m.
The Bahamas Cruise trip early next year is sold out at this time.